I write about personal development with a proclivity for psychology and anything else related to psychology.
More specifically, I’ve been interested in stuff like parenting (even though I’m not a parent), resilience, trauma, depression, anxiety, empathy, narcissism, emotions, Stoicism, self-discipline, mindfulness, the infamous “purpose in life,” and others in between.
If you’re wondering if I’m alright, yes I am. It’s always a work in progress, though.
I’ve heard about the idea that in order to appreciate the beauty of life, you have to know about the other, darker, side of it. No, I’m not a masochist, but I’m finding the said idea to be true. Since then I’ve been learning about the “dark side,” too (as you’ve probably guessed based on my interests).
But they’re all part of the same thing, anyway. What am I talking about here?
The self-help space is riddled with the dangerous core advice that you must be “positive” all the time. Peddlers of such advice don’t tell you the cost of refusing to embrace, or turning a blind eye to, the everyday things that constitute the “negative.” They don’t tell you that suffering is part of what makes us human and what makes life more meaningful. That trying to be always “positive” (however one defines that term) paradoxically makes us miserable.
Whatever I learn, I write about them here. Of course I write based on my experiences, my own truth, but I also seek truths backed by science and research. Science and research have been allowing us to gain a better understanding about ourselves and the world; it’s a human achievement in and of itself and should be celebrated.
- Low Emotional Intelligence: 13 Signs You Probably Have It
- How to Compartmentalize: 4 Simple Tips to Remember
- How to Be Strong Even When You’re Alone
- 7 Things to Remember if You Feel Like Nothing Is Happening in Your Life
- How to Stop Negative Thoughts: 20 Solutions to Keep in Mind
- Importance of Knowing Your Purpose in Life: 5 Reasons Why You Need to Find It Now
- Three Things Insecure People Don’t Let Go Of
- The Top 5 Goal-setting Skills You’ll Ever Need
- How to Respect Yourself Even When Nobody Else Seems To
- Do You Wake Up on the Wrong Side of the Bed? Here Are 19 Solutions You Can Try!
Other Published Works
Get in Touch
If you have any concerns or would like to connect, contact me here.